Linux, FreeBSD, Juniper, Cisco / Network security articles and troubleshooting guides

FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 pm

News News of Ivorde Unix/Linux/Database/Web/Mail Forum

Site map of Ivorde Unix/Linux/Database/Web/Mail Forum » Forum : Ivorde Unix/Linux/Database/Web/Mail Forum

Welcome to ivorde.ro forum

[ Total topics 445 Go to page 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Post subject: FreeBSD - Collecting hardware information
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:40 pm 
Finding hardware information in FreeBSD can be performed using dmesg, pciconf, usbdevs, atacontrol and dmidecode utilities.

I will start with finding information CPU on FreeBSD:
Code:
# grep -i cpu /var/run/dmesg.boot
CPU: Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon/Celeron (501.14-MHz 686-class CPU)
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0

(don't expect some mainframe :D ). Above is a 500Mhz Pentium III

Determining hardware platform and processor architecture:
# uname -mp ...

Read more : FreeBSD - Collecting hardware information | Views : 10976 | Replies : 0 | Forum : BSD Operating Systems

Post subject: FreeBSD portupgrade packages with manual dependencies
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 am 
FreeBSD portupgrade (aka pkgtools) is a tool set for working with ports and packages. It enhances abilities of system tools and adds many new ones. It is highly tunable via its configuration file and allows you to create individual svariable environment for every port you like, to define commands that will be executed before/after port upgrade stages.

pkgtools uses hash databases to keep information about available ports (in the ports tree), installed ports, dependencies, etc. ...

Read more : FreeBSD portupgrade packages with manual dependencies | Views : 1169 | Replies : 0 | Forum : BSD Operating Systems

Post subject: How to convert a text into a list of words, one per line
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 am 
Depending on the type of processing you need to do on any file, it's possible you meight need to convert it into a list of words, with one word per line.

# cat test.file
FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE is now available for the amd64, i386, ia64, pc98, powerpc, and sparc64 architectures.

FreeBSD 7.2 can be installed from bootable ISO images or over the network; the required files can be downloaded via FTP or BitTorrent as described in ...

Read more : How to convert a text into a list of words, one per line | Views : 7746 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shell Scripting and Programming

Post subject: How to get the word frequency in a text
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:01 am 
In my previous post http://forum.ivorde.ro/tr-how-to-convert-a-text-into-a-list-of-words-one-per-line-t17.html I explained how to convert a text into a list of words, with one word per line.

This is how to get the word frequency in a text:
# cat test.file
FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE is now available for the amd64, i386, ia64, pc98, powerpc, and sparc64 architectures.

FreeBSD 7.2 can be installed from bootable ISO images or over the network; the required files can be downloaded via FTP or BitTorrent as ...

Read more : How to get the word frequency in a text | Views : 3311 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shell Scripting and Programming

Post subject: Installing /w PXE booting RHEL 5 over the network
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 am 
Installing and PXE booting RHEL 5 over the network

In the past weeks I needed to install Red Hat Enterprise 5 on two remote HP DL385 blades (if I remember correctly) and I had no one in the datacenter to insert the DVD in the drives. So the situation needed a network installation using PXE booting (Pre-boog eXecution Environment).

Since this was my first encounter with PXE booting and network installations on Linux Google ...

Read more : Installing /w PXE booting RHEL 5 over the network | Views : 1325 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Linux Distributions

[ Total topics 445 Go to page 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Last 10 active topics

BSD Operating Systems

No new posts FreeBSD - Collecting hardware information
View the latest post
No new posts FreeBSD portupgrade packages with manual dependencies
View the latest post

Shell Scripting and Programming

No new posts How to convert a text into a list of words, one per line
View the latest post
No new posts How to get the word frequency in a text
View the latest post

Linux Distributions

No new posts Installing /w PXE booting RHEL 5 over the network
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 617 | Total topics 987 | Total members 1192

cronNews News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

phpBB SEO