Linux, FreeBSD, Juniper, Cisco / Network security articles and troubleshooting guides

FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:19 am

News News of Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd and other web server software

Site map of Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd and other web server software » Forum : Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd and other web server software

This forum is dedicated to Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Squid and other HTTP transport protocol related software

[ Total topics 26 Go to page 1, 2, 3

Post subject: Pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:14 pm 
While playing with permisions i got the following errors in the error_log of Apache 2 with mod_rewrite enabled.

[Mon May 24 01:10:31 2010] [crit] [client X.X.X.X] (13)Permission denied: /home/www/domain.tld/img/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
[Mon May 24 01:10:58 2010] [crit] [client X.X.X.X] (13)Permission denied: /home/www/domain.tld/img/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
[Mon May 24 01:11:04 2010] [crit] [client X.X.X.X] (13)Permission denied: /home/www/domain.tld/img/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check ...

Read more : Pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable | Views : 2376 | Replies : 0

Post subject: Phpbb 3.0.5 "Log me on automatically" cookies and sessions problem
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:44 pm 
After deploying my forum on a php 5.3 server, I noticed a very ugly behavior: The "Log me on automatically" feature wasn't having any effect and the session IDs were appended to the URLs in the GET requests (&sid=.....). After checking and modifying phpbb cookie settings and cache removing, I had no success.

The solution came from this thread: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1823105:

The .htaccess file in the root of the phpbb board must contain following lines:
php_flag ...

Read more : Phpbb 3.0.5 "Log me on automatically" cookies and sessions problem | Views : 9390 | Replies : 3

Post subject: Nginx + apache (for PHP) with real IP addresses in logs
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:49 am 
I was trying to get nginx to work with apache 2.2.15. The idea is that nginx will ofer the static content and apache the PHP content.
Very easy to do and a lot of documentation is available over the internet on how to do it. However, i encountered some issue when i was trying to get nginx to send the real IP address of the visitor to the apache server and not the localhost ip ...

Read more : Nginx + apache (for PHP) with real IP addresses in logs | Views : 2940 | Replies : 0

Post subject: Re: Can somebody recommend an affordable SEO
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 am 
Hi,

Before you contracting a 3rd party company to do your SEO it would be best if you started to read the basic SEO tehniques (Using page titles with your important keywords, using the title attribute in your links that would include keywords, using the alt attribute with images, using keywords in your domain name and urls, as you can see in the url of this post).

Besides SEO optimization, you should also "inspect" your ...

Read more : Re: Can somebody recommend an affordable SEO | Views : 1825 | Replies : 1

Post subject: Drupal The Taxonomy Menu has been removed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am 
After playing with drupal a little, I saw the message "The Taxonomy Menu has been removed" and there was no Taxonomy in the "Administer" -> Content management menu.

This was because I had enabled Taxonomy wrapper module in Administer->Content Management->Categories

Disabling the wrapper brought the Taxonomy back.

Read more : Drupal The Taxonomy Menu has been removed | Views : 1782 | Replies : 0

Post subject: Remove "X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11" from HTTP headers of your web server
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 am 
HTTP 1.1 protocol, as most of the other protocol, uses headers for the communication between client (usually browser) and server.

An example of the header looks like:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:03:41 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.11 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8k
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11
Set-Cookie: phpbb3_qxggi_u=1; expires=Thu, 24-Mar-2011 04:03:41 GMT; path=/; domain=forum.ivorde.ro; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: phpbb3_qxggi_k=; expires=Thu, 24-Mar-2011 04:03:41 GMT; path=/; domain=forum.ivorde.ro; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: phpbb3_qxggi_sid=514ad39b91e1e29bcb1a7553dcb8f4a7; expires=Thu, 24-Mar-2011 04:03:41 GMT; path=/; domain=forum.ivorde.ro; HttpOnly ...

Read more : Remove "X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11" from HTTP headers of your web server | Views : 5078 | Replies : 0

Post subject: Apache 2.2 installation of mod_rewrite module without recompiling whole apache
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:22 am 
Usually I keep my sources available at all times because apache or php could require a new module to be installed (sooner or later). I will post here how to install apache mod_rewrite module without recompiling whole apache from source.

Below is the source of the mod_rewrite apache module on my system.
Code:
# cd /usr/src/httpd-2.2/modules/mappers
#  ls *c | grep rewrite
mod_rewrite.c

I will be using the apache extension tool (apxs):
man apxs: ...

Read more : Apache 2.2 installation of mod_rewrite module without recompiling whole apache | Views : 6192 | Replies : 0

Post subject: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using old authentication
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 am 
Php 5.3 introduces a cool new alternative to the old libmysql library: mysqlnd (mysql native driver).

How to compile php with this driver or more details about mysqlnd are not scope of this post, but authentication method is.

By default, Mysql is using old_passwords method of storing passwords in 16 char length. Mysqlnd usses a new authentication engine which stores passwords in 41 character length.

To check how mysql currently stores passwords:
mysql> show variables ...

Read more : mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using old authentication | Views : 1681 | Replies : 0

Post subject: Starting nginx: [emerg]: directive "rewrite" is not terminated by ";"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:05 am 
Code:
Starting nginx: [emerg]: directive "rewrite" is not terminated by ";" in /usr/local/nginx/vhosts/www.site.com.conf:45

Even though the Nginx configuration file contains a rewrite rule which is terminated corectly (with
Code:
last;
), if a rule contains curly brackets {}, then those brackets finish the location directive in Nginx configuration prematurely, thus making Nginx complaining about line termination.

Example:
Code:
system {
                   listen  80;
                    location / {
                                      rewrite ^/[a-z0-9_-]*-[a-z]{1}([0-9]+)(/(news)+)?(/(digest)+)?(/(short|long)+)?/([a-z0-9_]+)\.xml(\.gz)?$ /gymrss.php?$8=$1&$3&$5&$7&gzip=$9 last;
                    }                                     
}

[hence the curly brackets in ...

Read more : Starting nginx: [emerg]: directive "rewrite" is not terminated by ";" | Views : 8229 | Replies : 0

Post subject: Converting PhpBB-SEO Apache RewriteRule to Nginx rewrite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 am 
After a few hours of work migrating the phpbb forum from an Apache / prefork / mod_php / mysql (P4 3.2Ghz / 3G RAM) installation to a much slower test system based on Nginx / php-fpm+mysqlnd / mysql (Dual P3 1.2Ghz / 2G RAM), both with xcache and with some compile time optimizations, I was surprised to see the same performance on both systems (ab): ~16 Requests/s. One notable difference is that consecutive Apache tests ...

Read more : Converting PhpBB-SEO Apache RewriteRule to Nginx rewrite | Views : 10316 | Replies : 0

[ Total topics 26 Go to page 1, 2, 3

Last 10 active topics

Memory, Storage, Backup and Filesystems

No new posts FreeBSD: List disk drives and re-scan after adding hot-add disk (in virtual environments)
View the latest post

Routing and dynamic routing protocols

No new posts JUNOS BGP: How to drain a BGP peering router gracefully without bgp session reset
View the latest post

TP-Link JetStream Switching

No new posts TP-Link TL-SG3210 How to configure ARP Inspection, DHCP Snooping and ARP Scanning
View the latest post
No new posts TP-Link JetStream SG3210 V2.0 CLI, User Guide downloads
View the latest post

Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd and other web server software

No new posts NGINX: 413 Request Entity Too Large
View the latest post

System administration

No new posts MAC OS X: read image/jpeg EXIF information on command line
View the latest post

Shell Scripting and Programming

No new posts Shell scripting
View the latest post
No new posts AWK: How to replace a newline with actual \n
View the latest post
No new posts How to use $variable in conditional sentences?
View the latest post

Virtualization

No new posts SSH Login to Vmware ESXi with ssh keys
View the latest post

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Statistics

Statistics

Total posts 617 | Total topics 987 | Total members 1192

News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

phpBB SEO